Situation vacant: Casual Community Coach
Casual Community Coach
About Football West
Our vision is to make football accessible and a great experience for all. It is an exciting time to be involved in Football West as we work towards both the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup hosted by Australia and New Zealand and the completion of the State Football Centre in WA.
Football West is the sole governing body for football in WA and represents all levels of competition, development and coaching in metropolitan and regional areas.
With approximately 200,000 participants and 44,000 registered players, Football West, which is affiliated to Football Federation Australia, fosters an environment that brings the game to life on parks, pitches and indoor centres around the state.
About the Role
Football West is looking to recruit casual Community Coaches for all of the metro area.
Our coaches support the delivery of game development programs in both school and community environments. More information about our various programs can be found here
We are looking for people who are passionate about building community through sport and who can create a fun, enjoyable and safe environment for all participants to play.
This is a casual role with variable working hours both during schools hours, after school (3-4.30pm) evenings (5-8pm) and weekends.
Coaches would have the freedom to commit to the number of hours worked each week. Successful candidates in these roles will be expected to:
• Provide coaching services and support to a wide range of football programs
• Assist in the identification and establishment of Football West programs in order to grow participation numbers
• Work with other Football West staff to facilitate the attendance of participants at Football West programs and other events as required
• Liaise and communicate with various stakeholders such as parents, school representatives, local clubs and volunteers
• Assist with registration and program administration, including equipment orders
• Maintain records of participation numbers in Football West programs and other relevant information
Skills and Experience:
• The ability to deliver basic football and/or sports content in a wide range of situations
• Experience in working with children
• A demonstrated customer service experience and ability to retain customers
• A proactive approach to work and willingness to learn new skills
• A demonstrated ability to work as a team member
• Eligibility to work in Australia
• A current Working with Children check
• A current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain one)
• A certificate or qualification in sports coaching (or appropriate experience)
• A current Driver’s Licence
For further information regarding the role, please email Beth Soliman firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete the form here
Football West is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and encourages diversity within its workforce. We always encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of all diverse backgrounds to apply.