Football West was established in July 2004 to represent the combined interests of all levels of competition and aspects of the game throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia (WA).
Funding and Affiliation
Football West is funded through membership and club affiliation fees, government grants and corporate sponsorship.
Football West is affiliated to FFA and through FFA’s affiliation to FIFA (Federation of International Football Associations) is charged with all facets of football in Western Australia.
Structural Review and Unification
The formation of Football West followed a period of national and state review and reform.
The process was led by Federal and State Governments and, in Western Australia, facilitated by the Department of Sport and Recreation (DSR) with the objective of creating a single, unified and representative state peak football body.
A number of representative standing committees have since been established to provide advice to Football West on measures to promote, develop and improve football in WA.
Football West clubs will gain access to the pathway from grassroots to FIFA accredited national and international competitions.
The Western Australian football community will benefit from affiliation with Football West in a number of other important ways including:
Affiliation opens the door for new and cohesive football development pathways from grass roots to elite that are aligned to local needs.
The WA football community will benefit from affiliation with Football West in a number of other important ways including:
• A united and co-ordinated approach to sponsorship, fund-raising, and government support and liaison.
• Access to coordinated and nationally accredited coaching programs.
• Better use of association resources leading to increased efficiencies, reduction of duplication and new value creation.
• The power of a single unified voice to increase access to grants and government support and to enhance the profile of football.
• A single competition structure, new opportunities for development and growth, highly developed sportsmen and women, and strong and unified state and national football communities.