Quinns continue strong start

Quinns are leaders of Men’s State League Division One as they backed up a big opening day performance at Olympic Kingsway with a 3-0 win at home to Subiaco.

Former Bayswater and Inglewood player Adam Tong opened the scoring after five minutes and the hosts never looked back as Henri Mulwila doubled the lead before the break.

Cian Hirrell made it three to complete a good day's work for Glen Grostate’s side, who sit on six points with two other sides.

Western Knights also made it two wins from two as they came from behind to defeat Olympic Kingsway 2-1 at Nash Field.

Kingsway were looking to bounce back after that heavy home defeat to Quinns and they made an ideal start when Elliot Tattersall scored his first of the season.

But Knights levelled 15 minutes later when Ciaran Byrne netted, and the forward made it four goals in two matches early in the second half to complete the turnaround.

Completing the trio of 100% records are Fremantle City who defeated nine-man Stirling Macedonia 2-1 at Hilton Reserve.

Dhuors Chol was sent off just before the interval and City crucially capitalised in first-half stoppage time when Sam McKearnen scored the opener.

Noah Shamaki scored his first league goal since joining from Floreat to make it 2-0 and it was another former Athena player Ryan Malton who saw red moments later as Stirling were reduced to nine players.

Ian Ferguson's side did not give in though and they made the final 20 minutes interesting when Alex Tanevski found the net.

Swan United built on last week's win at Forrestfield as they moved up to fourth with a 1-1 draw against Joondalup United.

Jamie Gibson scored early on for Joondalup as they looked to hit back from a 5-1 defeat to Knights. But the visitors were unable to hold on as John Monterosso netted for a second straight game.

Ashfield collected their first three points of the season as they edged past UWA Nedlands 1-0.

The only goal of the game came from Emmanuel Langoya, who scored nine in 16 for Canning City in Division Two last season.

Finally, Mandurah City and Forrestfield drew 1-1 at Securitas Protect Stadium as the search for a first win in the league continues for both. Harry Collins opened the scoring the home side after 13 minutes, but Forrestfield pulled level on 54 minutes through defender Trent Kay.

Mandurah v Forrestfield. Photo by Cat Bryant
Action from Mandurah City's home draw with Forrestfield United. Photo by Cat Bryant Photography

In Division Two, Dianella White Eagles are setting the early pace as David Heagney's four-goal haul helped his side win 7-2 at Kelmscott Roos.

The damage was done inside the first half hour as Daniel MacKenzie scored either side of a Kristian Despotovski goal before Heagney netted his first from the penalty spot on 43 minutes.

Three more goals followed for the former Bayswater and Gwelup Croatia man in the second half as Stewy Moses’ Dianella ran away with the win, despite consolations from Lochlan Cameron and Amos Doegolia Junior.

Defending champions Carramar Shamrock Rovers were upset at home by Morley Windmills, who came from two goals down to take all three points at Grandis Park.

Ger Fitzgerald and Nathan Diaz scored inside the first 30 minutes, but Morley reset at half-time and Mitchell Castrilli (2) and Abu Dulleh turned the match around.

Joining Dianella and Morley on six points are Murdoch University Melville, who defeated Joondalup City 2-1 at Iluka Sports Complex.

All the goals were scored in the first half as Luke Doyle cancelled out Ben Pellizzari's opener before Edward Wynne-Willson scored the winner on 41 minutes.

Kingsley Westside moved up into fourth after a thumping 6-0 win over Curtin University.

Kieron Salmon and Joel Gillespie had Kingsley 2-0 up at the interval. In the second half Jayden Drummond netted twice with Simone Sichel and Cameron Bishop completing the job.

Canning City opened their account for 2021 with a 2-1 win away at Gosnells City while Balga and Wanneroo City played out a goalless stalemate at Princess Road Reserve.